Detailed Guide to Online Gambling in Connecticut
Online gambling in Connecticut turns out to be very popular among customers. Now when the state has legalized the activity, players can start enjoying the most popular options such as casinos and online poker. With simultaneous approval of sports betting across the state, it seems that gamblers have many options to choose from. Be sure to check this review about Connecticut online gambling and prepare yourself for the first bets.
Best Connecticut Online Gambling Sites
Up to $20 Free With Your First Deposit
$10 Gold Coins for $4.99
$30 Gold Coins for $10
Legal Norms Regarding CT Gambling
Online casinos in CT are approved on Oct. 19. Connecticut together with online poker, and sports betting. At the moment, there are two casinos entitled to provide all these events, Mohegan Sun Casino and DraftKings. Everyone who wants to access casinos online should be a minimum of 21 years of age. When it comes to exceptions, players who are a minimum of 18 can access lottery, sealed tickets, and pari-mutuel options. What’s more important, some activities are not limited when it comes to age including raffles, bingo, and charitable options.
At the moment, The Connecticut Gaming Division is responsible for overseeing all activities regarding gambling online CT. The Gaming Division belongs to the Department of Consumer Protection and monitors adherence to legal prescriptions.
Legal Gambling Activities
If you are interested in online gambling CT real money, then you should know more about legal activities at US online gambling sites. Anyone who wants to enjoy wagering can choose from the following categories:
- Online and retail sports betting
- Casino gambling online
- Horse racing, greyhound, and jai alai
- Fantasy Sports
- Charitable gaming, such as raffles and bingo
Online Gambling Casino Websites
When enjoying gambling online in CT, you will be able to find two casinos, DraftKings and Mohegan Sun. Both of them are based in the state and you don’t have to wonder is online gambling illegal in CT.
If you see any other provider of online gambling in the state, you need to know that they are based out of the US without having a license. This means that such sites are not obliged to meet the same standards as the providers within the state. At the same time, these platforms are very risky as they can operate in grey areas and steal information from players.
When speaking about legal online gambling for Connecticut, players can select from DraftKings and Mohegan Sun. DraftKings is a premium provider of casino content where you can find different options from slots, table games and other opportunities. The number of slots titles is incredible while table games appear in multiple forms such as roulette, blackjack, casino war, craps, and baccarat, among others. Its mobile app is clean, simple to use, and suitable for both beginners and pro users.
On the other hand, CT legal online gambling is known for Mohegan Sun casino. Its site is perfect when it comes to functionality and its games stand out with high quality. If you sign up at the site, you can place a $10 and receive $25 as well as a chance to claim an Amazon 55″ Smart TV. You should stick to the site until you find good alternatives or the highest payout casino sites.
At the moment, you can also find social casinos in the state in the form of sweepstakes gambling. Sweepstakes casinos provide a special sweepstakes concept where you can play with virtual Gold Coins and claim Sweeps Coins.
Online Gambling Sports Betting
Apart from online gambling Connecticut, the state has also legalized retail sports betting in September 2021 as well as online sportsbooks on Oct. 19, 2021.
At the moment, there are three representatives of online sports betting in CT:
- DraftKings Connecticut (partnered with the Mashantucket Pequots)
- FanDuel Connecticut (partnership with the Mohegan Tribe)
- PlaySugarHouse Connecticut (partnership with the Connecticut Lottery Corporation)
DraftKings is one of the initial sportsbooks in the US, with an excellent app and the best features. Its app offers a live ticket or Cash Out possibility, allowing bettors to close bets early if they fulfill certain terms within the game. Players who choose the DraftKings app will also enjoy a personal betting carousel, a rotating display and betting history.
Fan Duel is another distinctive provider of sports betting in the state, with simple to use app and smooth navigation. You can easily switch from one bet type to another and find a selection of active bonuses.
When it comes to approved sports categories, players can enjoy betting on anything from Auto racing, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, Cricket, Cycling, Football, Golf, Hockey, Mixed martial arts (MMA), Rugby, Snooker, Soccer, or Tennis.
Responsible Gambling Strategy
When placing bets at the state of CT online gambling sites, you should also take care of responsible gambling rules. Many players are not able to control their gambling-related behavior, so they can have regular problems with their activity. Luckily, the US state has introduced certain measures to support anyone with a gambling problem.
First, local casinos will comply with responsible gambling standards. They will provide links to certain organizations allowing players to set limits when it comes to maximum deposit. It is also possible to set the self-exclusion period or close your account if you cannot control your behavior.
Connecticut Council on Problem Gambling works as a non-profit organization ensuring free support for gamblers with the gambling-related problem as well as to their families. There are also additional organizations or:
- Gamblers Anonymous: It provides regular support in the United States and allows other gamblers to speak about their experience
- GamTalk: it represents a community and a safe oasis for gamblers who want to share their impressions on problem gambling. There is also a live chat function supported
- ❓ What sort of gambling is legal in CT?
- One of the main dilemmas of many players is can you get arrested for online gambling in CT. However, there is no reason to wonder is online gambling legal in CT. The state has approved both online casinos and sports betting activities.
- 🤔 What is the legal age for gambling?
- According to online gambling laws in Connecticut, players who want to enjoy legal online gambling CT should be at least 21 or older. Some activities are also allowed with 18 or without minimum age conditions.
- ✔️ Can I access online casinos in CT?
- Yes, of course. Online casinos are completely approved by the state, so online gambling legal in CT is underway.
- 🔸 What sports can I wager on online?
- If you prefer sports betting in the state, then you select from different sports categories such as football, hockey, basketball, and tennis. There is also a selection of popular leagues at CT online gambling sites such as NFL, NBA, MLS, and NHL.