Online Casinos in Delaware, USA
Delaware is a small US state known as the home state of President Joe Biden and a place known for its business strategic advances. When it comes to gambling, this might not be the first choice of players because of the limited number of land-based choices. It’s a home of three racinos in total, which is not a lot. However, in the past couple of years, online gambling became a huge part of this small state. Starting with sites with amazing Delaware online casino ratings to the famous Delaware Lottery since 2012, this is a great place to do some betting.
Right alongside New Jersey and Nevada, Delaware was the only state where online gambling was legalized in any form for a long time. In fact, it was the first to legalize this in 2012, followed by New Jersey, Nevada, and lastly Pennsylvania in 2017. Today, the Delaware Lottery oversees three online casinos, as well as three online poker sites. To be more, gamblers can play at offshore sites without any troubles.
Best Casinos Online in Delaware
State of Delaware Online Casinos: Gambling and Regulations
It wasn’t overnight that this state legalized gambling. In 1933, the state legislature created a racing commission and held several legislative sessions. That’s when they began increasing the prominence of gambling, including the online betting industry.
By doing so, Delaware turned gambling into the fourth largest source of revenue. Here are some highlights worth noting:
- 1933 – The creation of the Racing Commission (today split between two commissions called Delaware Harness Racing Commission and Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission)
- 1975 – The establishment of the Delaware Lottery
- 2012 – the Delaware Gaming Competitiveness Act is signed into law, allowing the Delaware Lottery to include betting on table games, online slot machines, and lotto tickets
- 2018 – the first state outside Nevada that legalizes sports betting on a full scale
In addition to the three land-based racinos – Dower Downs, Delaware Park, and Harrington Raceway, Delaware offers online gambling to its players. All the three casinos are licensed to offer online betting, and everything is managed under a Scientific Games and 888 Holdings unified system.
Technically speaking, the state also legalized online sports betting. William Hill currently operates retail sports betting, but the only Delaware online casino option for sports bettor is currently off-shore.
This state’s law allows for a broad interpretation of what players can enjoy in the state. They have a wide range of offerings including online poker, table and card games, slot machines, and sports betting. To be more, Delaware is part of the Multi-State Internet Gaming Agreement, which means that poker players in this state can compete against players from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Nevada.
All betting and gambling in the state is regulated by the Delaware Lottery including internet lottery tickets, online table games, online slots, and online poker. To place bets on horse races, you need to be at least 18 years old, while the minimum age for other types of online betting is 21 years old.
At this moment, Delaware only provides three online casino brands which are the same as their land-based choices. These are also poker sites. In addition to this, there are offshore betting sites that are used in the state, websites that operate outside the US and are subject to other countries’ laws.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to picking a safe casino site, one that is licensed and highly rated. You can legally gamble at any of these three sites or others, but if you bet on foreign sites, those are not subject to US laws.
Best Online Casinos in Delaware
|BetMGM||100% Up To $1,000|
|Borgata||100% Up To $1,000|
How to Play Delaware Casino Online Games
As one of the oldest states to legalize gambling on the Internet, Delaware is very gambling-friendly and liberal towards its players. In fact, many believe that the betting here is more liberal than betting in Nevada, especially since every form of it is legal within the state. While Nevada only offers poker online, this state offers casino gambling also. Their full list of choices includes:
- Online casino
- Sports betting
Charitable gambling is liberal, but comes with commissions for those who regulate it. Those who wish to regulate this need to fill a legal form and pay $15 per day. If prizes are not bigger than $5, the fee is not even applicable.
To gamble in this state, you just need to be of legal age. The process is straightforward – you find the US online casino you wish to gamble at, sign up by providing some personal details, place your deposit and start choosing the games you wish to play. You’ll have to verify your identity at some point, which may include documents such as your ID, utility bills, bank statement, etc.
When choosing a website to play on, you should always make sure that you pick a trusted, licensed, and well-rated site. Gambling on the Internet can be entertaining and beneficial, but only if you pick a website that’s legit and offers fair play.
Games You Can Find at a Legal Online Casino in Delaware
Each of the three racinos within this state, the ones that have online casino sites, are in partnership with Scientific Games and 888 and therefore provide one branded app apiece. This is a single-operated system, but it offers a versatile selection of games.
Table and Card Games
Table and card games are legalized and available to Delaware players. If you gamble in this state, you can find many choices online including Baccarat, Blackjack, Poker, and Roulette variants.
Each of the three casinos has over 2000 slot machines to play, many of which are available online. Their choices range from classics to video slots to 3d slots to jackpot machines. You can enjoy a great choice on these sites, and even more if you gamble at top-rated offshore casinos.
Responsible Gambling at Online Casino for Delaware Players
With such a long history of online betting and so many players enjoying such activities, Delaware is no stranger to problem gambling. But, they’ve taken all the measures necessary to prevent and handle this. The DE Council on Gambling Profits, a nonprofits agency, is created and dedicated to educate and advocate for problem gamblers. They have a helpline at 888-850-8888 that works around the clock.
On top of that, the DE Lottery has a Self Exclusion Program for iGaming, table games, and video lottery terminals, allowing players to restrict their options if they feel like they’re developing a gambling addiction.
And of course, you can always reach out to the national resources such as Gamblers Anonymous and the National Council on Problem Gambling.
FAQ about Casinos in Delaware
- ❓ Is it possible to gamble at a Delaware casino online?
- Yes. It is neither illegal nor impossible to gamble in Delaware. In fact, this is one of the first states to legalize online gambling, and a place that offers many betting opportunities to gamblers.
- ⭐ Are Delaware online casinos legal?
- Yes. Delaware has legalized all sorts of gambling, including online betting on sports, casino games, lottery, etc. On the available sites, players have plethora of choices when it comes to slot machines, table games, poker titles, sportsbook, etc.
- ✔️ What’s the legal gambling age in Delaware?
- To legally gamble in DE you need to be at least 21 years old. For horse race betting, you need to be at least 18 years old.
- 🏅 What is the best Delaware online casino?
- There are three top-rated and available online casino sites in Delaware: Dower Downs, Delaware Park, and Harrington Raceway. These are also land-based racinos that are allowed to provide such services within DE. In addition to casino gambling, they offer sports betting via William Hill.
- 🎲 Which games can I play at an online casino Delaware?
- When gambling in Delaware, you can find all sorts of games. They have over 2000 different slot machines across the three websites, as well as many table game variations, online poker betting, sportsbook betting, and even lottery.
AmericanGambling Delaware (AG Services)
Visit our office for personalized services and gambling consultations.