New Hampshire Online Gambling - All You Should Know About
Let us introduce you with the most important thing straightaway – at the moment, online casino games as well as poker online is not legal in the state of New Hampshire. There are some forms of betting that you can do within the borders of this state, but online casino gambling is yet to be legalized.
As the years pass, gambling online in the US is becoming more available and more regulated than ever. Seeing how many states have already made this a legal option, it is expected that online gambling legal New Hampshire very soon.
If you want to learn more about your options today, as well as get an idea of what you can find on the best New Hampshire online gambling sites, keep reading.
Best New Hampshire Online Gambling Sites
888 Casino NJ
$20 No Deposit Bonus
250m GC + Free 25k SC Every Week
Caesars Casino MI
100% Match up to $2,000
New Hampshire Online Gambling Laws Explained
We cannot answer the ‘is online gambling legal in New Hampshire’ question with simple yes or no. There are some forms of betting that are allowed within this state. Even so, compared to other states such as, let’s say the online casinos New Hampshire, you cannot legally play casino games like slots, card games, and poker on the Internet today.
Right now, New Hampshire allows online betting on sports, Daily Fantasy sports, lottery, and pari-mutuel wagering. At this point, sports betting is the priority in the state, accompanied with great popularity on behalf of the residents.
According to state laws, you can bet in this country as long as you are 18 years old or older.
Types of Online Gambling New Hampshire Allows Today
There are four types of gambling that are available in the state today, but only four can be done online. These are sports betting as the most popular choice, as well as lottery, some horse betting, and Daily Fantasy Sports. Players can also bet at social and sweepstakes casinos and play in poker rooms.
In 2017, the lawmakers in New Hampshire legalized Daily Fantasy Sports, which makes this the 13th state in the US to do so. Nowadays, all of the major Daily Fantasy Sports websites accept bettors from this state, including trending sites like FanDuel, Yahoo, and DraftKings.
Horse betting is also available in New Hampshire, being legalized in 1933. However, the state no longer offers live pari-mutuel wagering. All that remains at this point are simulcast races from other tracks. The last harness event and thoroughbred race took place in 2009 in Rockingham Park. Later on, state lawmakers banned any sort of live greyhound racing in 2010.
If you want to do some simulcast horse racing betting today, this is available at the former Seabrook Greyhound Park, nowadays known as The Brook. You can also do it on online pari-mutuel platforms including XpressBet, TwinSpires, and TVG.
Casinos Where You Can Do Online Gambling in New Hampshire
If you want to play casino games on the Internet, you’d still have to access an offshore online gambling site since this is not regulated or legalized in New Hampshire. The best online gambling New Hampshire at the moment is done at offshore casinos, considering that this is the resident’s only option to play slots or online poker.
While the state doesn’t permit online or commercial land-based casinos, it allows for some games as long as they are run by charitable entities. You can find poker tables, but not for commercial use, for example. Under state law, 35% of the profits are earmarked for non-profits and 10% to the state.
Some of the games you can find at sweepstakes casinos and charitable events are poker, blackjack, and craps. In most cases, the buy-ins are capped at $150, while the maximum bet is set at $10. Slot machines are not at all available in New Hampshire.
Expected Online Casino Games to Launch in New Hampshire
If land-based and online casinos are eventually approved in this state, we can expect to find the trending casino games offered in other online casinos USA. These include, but may not be limited to:
- Roulette tables, including live roulette at online casinos
- Online and physical slot machines of all sorts, including jackpot slots
- Online poker for real money
- Scratch cards and other games of luck (keep in mind that iLottery already exists in New Hampshire, and you can buy tickets for Powerball and Mega Millions there)
- Blackjack and Baccarat
- Live dealer tables
Sports Betting at Online Gambling Sites New Hampshire
Back in 2019, the governor Chris Sununu signed the House Bill 480, which made this state the 14th in line to legalize betting on sports. The bill was passed one year later.
Betting on any sport is allowed in this state, and this includes the international sports and all major leagues. The official information on this can be found on www.nhlottery.com, the official lottery site of New Hampshire.
This is regulated by the New Hampshire Lottery Commission, just like any other form of legalized gambling in the state. However, there’s a newly created division of Sports Betting that handles precisely this form of gambling. According to the Lottery Commission, there are currently 16 licensed game operators that offer some casino games, but only DraftKings has exclusive rights to offer online betting of this sort. In 2019, DraftKings accepted the first online sports wagers in the state.
To become the sole operator of online sports betting in the state, DraftKings agreed to pay 51% of its revenue from mobile wagering and 50% from retail locations to the state.
The only form of sports betting that is not allowed in this state and many others is on college sports teams and college games played in the state.
Responsible Gambling in the State of New Hampshire
New Hampshire has several programs for responsible gambling, as well as a Council for Responsible Gambling. The latter was established through the legislation in 2019 that legalized sports betting in the Granite State. This Council is tasked with prevention, education, and treatment of gambling disorders within the state.
- 👮 Is it legal to play at New Hampshire online gambling sites?
- No. Online casino games and poker are not legalized in New Hampshire. The only forms of online betting are sports betting, Daily Sports betting, and lottery.
- ❓ What’s the online gambling age New Hampshire set for players?
- You need to be at least 18 years old to be able to place wagers of any sort in this state.
- 🎲 Which casinos are eligible for a gaming license in New Hampshire?
- Right now, none. There are no commercial casinos permitted in this state. Right now, only potential charitable gaming operators can apply to the Licensing Division of the New Hampshire Lottery.
- ✔️ What forms of gambling are legal in New Hampshire?
- New Hampshire currently allows for sports betting, charitable gambling in the form of poker and table games, pari-mutuel wagering, lottery, and Daily Fantasy Sports betting.
- 🤔 Do I have to live permanently in the state to do New Hampshire legal gambling online?
- No. You need to be physically located within the borders of the state to legally placed wagers, but you don’t have to reside there permanently.
- 🔸 Why do some casinos offer their services to people in this state?
- Many offshore casinos will offer their services to people in this state. If you decide to play there, make sure to choose a safe and licensed site.
- 🎱 Where can I gamble in New Hampshire?
- You can place wagers on sports online and in retail sportsbooks, as well as play some casino games at charitable game outlets. You can also buy lottery tickets and do pari-mutuel wagering.
- 💲 Can I make sports bets if I am in New Hampshire?
- Yes. DraftKings is the only company with rights to offer online sports wagering. You can go on their site or download their app to make bets.
- 💎 Who will regulate online gambling in the state of New Hampshire?
- This will most likely be the New Hampshire Lottery Commission, since it already regulates some forms of gambling in the state.
- 🔒 When gambling in New Hampshire becomes legal, will it be safe for players?
- Provided that you gamble on a licensed and regulated website, this should be very safe and fair toward players.
- 💰 What is the taxation for gambling winnings in legal online gambling sites in US New Hampshire?
- New Hampshire does not tax winnings from gambling, but they are not exempt from federal tax. We are yet to see what the percentage will be.