Casino in Detroit, Michigan
Are you ready to experience the thrills of Detroit casinos? Both online and land-based venues enjoy great popularity among residents who look to test their luck and win some bucks. Whether you want to learn about the history of casinos in Detroit Michigan or you want to know are there casinos in Detroit Michigan, we have covered you.
If you heard great stories about casinos in Detroit Michigan offering online slots and other popular games, you probably want to give them a try. Keep reading this review and you will find everything you need to know for a safe and pleasant experience.
Are Casinos Legal in Detroit?
In Detroit, Michigan, players are able to indulge in a variety of casinos that were legalized in 1996. The official Michigan casino laws, Ordinance, opens the way for three reputable casinos – MGM Grand Detroit, MotorCity Casino, and Greektown Casino. Each of these brands offer a distinct and verified gambling experience, with options to relax and enjoy their services along with their exceptional range of gambling products.
While the Detroit casino scene is populated with an array of casino brands, the MGM Grand Detroit Casino is the largest and most established resort option. They not only offer a diverse range of casino services, but are also renowned for their exceptional dining and relaxation.
The casinos in Detroit offer a blend of hotel and casino services to users. There is no need to worry about your accommodation, but if you prefer, you can make a reservation in any of the hotels within close proximity to the casino. At the hotel, you can engage in classic table games, stream games and place live bets before retiring for the night. The table below displays a list of hotels situated closest to Detroit casinos.
Michigan casinos boast an impressive variety of games that are locally owned and operated. Punters can enjoy engaging in card games like baccarat, blackjack, and poker. Alternatively, they can take part in live games and place bets using the sportsbook. A table has been provided below to show some of the most popular casino games
What Casinos Are In Detroit Michigan?
If you are ready to experience the thrills of casinos in detroit Michigan, below you will find the most popular ones:
- Motor City: MotorCity is Detroit’s second most renowned casino, established in 1999 at a staggering $825 million cost. The grand complex boasts an expansive 100,000 square-foot gaming area, 400 deluxe rooms, two poker rooms, a spa, and a capacious 2,400-seat theater. In addition to its incredible amenities, MotorCity Casino offers an alluring loyalty program called Club Metro, where players can transform their wagers into comps such as free bets, discounts, and top-notch VIP house services. As the designated land-based partner of Fanduel Michigan, loyal members can benefit from exclusive rewards, both online and land-based.
- Greektown Casino: Similar to other casinos, Greektown Casino operates around the clock and features a massive gaming floor covering 100,000 square feet. This gives patrons access to more than 3,000 slot machines and a selection of over 60 table games, which includes popular options like blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and craps. Moreover, guests can indulge in various poker games at the poker room with the opportunity to win the bad beat jackpot.
- MGM Grand: This is one of the most spectacular places. MGM Grand Detroit online casino was established in 1999 as a prominent member of the MGM Resorts family of casinos, MGM Grand Detroit is an elite destination for live gaming in Michigan. Its expansive 100,000 square feet of gaming area boasts a vast array of slots, blackjack, and roulette games, among others, along with numerous luxurious amenities. The establishment features a 401-room hotel, so you don’t have to look for hotels near the casinos in Detroit Michigan, In addition, you will find popular nightclubs, fine dining options, and even a theater for entertainment. Its spa services further guarantee an all-inclusive experience for visitors seeking a venue to fulfill all their entertainment and relaxation needs.
Are There Online Casinos in Detroit?
If you are going to spend some time at a Detroit online casino, you should also know the available options.
Late in 2019, gambling in Michigan received legislative approval, allowing for physical and online sportsbooks, as well as online casino and poker apps. However, the COVID-19 pandemic caused delays in the launch of the state’s retail sportsbooks.
Live sports betting eventually became available in tribal casinos during the summer of 2020, with FireKeepers Casino being the first tribal property to open a live sportsbook. The launch of legal online sportsbooks, casinos, and poker sites took place in early 2021.
List of Online Casinos in Detroit
888 Casino NJ
$20 No Deposit Bonus
250m GC + Free 25k SC Every Week
Caesars Casino MI
100% Match up to $2,000
Sportsbooks in Detroit
Apart from casinos in Detroit Michigan area, you might be interested in sports betting opportunities.
Sports betting is legal in Detroit, with Michigan passing the legislation in December 2019. Retail sportsbooks became operational soon after in March 2020, while the online sports betting market launched in January 2021. Michigan allows a maximum of 15 online sportsbook licenses.
Additionally, Michigan residents can opt to place bets through offshore betting sites that are licensed and regulated outside of the USA. These sites, such as those featured below, continue to accept Detroit residents and provide an alternative to state licensed sportsbooks. They rely on their track record and reputation to run their business.
Sportsbook MGM Grand Detroit
Utilizing their experience with sportsbooks, the MGM Grand Detroit teamed up with Roar Digital to build the BetMGM Sportsbook, resulting in super impressive sportsbook venues in Michigan. As MGM operates sportsbooks across the nation, they didn’t have to go far to make this happen.
The sportsbook operates every day and features 5 windows with live tellers available from 9 -11 pm. For those ready to place a bet later, the casino comes with special kiosks that can be used (14 of them) outside of official business hours. You will find them spread throughout the gaming area.
Additionally, the MGM comes with the Sports Lounge adjacent to the sportsbook. This luxury lounge includes cozy seating, access to a bar offering drinks during to follow the game, and 60 high-definition TVs displaying the top news updates for betting
Greektown Casino Sports Betting
Owned by Penn National, Greektown is another place for sports bettors.
At present, Greektown has a space for sports located close to Trappers Bar. Although they lack the glamor and glitz of their rivals, everything one would anticipate from a Penn National sportsbook is ready to provide regular entertainment.
During their operational hours, Greektown delivers 4 betting windows for customers. From Sun to Thu, the facility functions from 10 am to 10 p.m. On Fri and Sat, the facility opens at the identical time but stays open an additional hour to enable late-night winners to get their money.
It also offers various types of wagers, and some of them are point-spreads, moneyline, parlays, futures, and props.
Fanduel Sportsbook at The Motorcity Casino
Another choice is Fanduel sportsbook at the famous Motorcity Casino. The MotorCity Casino’s FanDuel sportsbook is an impressive two-story venue featuring a stunning selection of betting windows, multiple HDTVs to watch all the games, and an exclusive VIP area offering luxurious amenities.
The FanDuel Sportsbook’s operating hours differ depending on the day. From Mon through Thu, the primary betting windows are open from 10 – 1 am. However, on the weekends, the hours vary: on Friday, the window runs from 10 am to 2 am, on Saturday it opens at 9 am and closes two hours after midnight, and on Sunday it operates from 9 -1am.
- ❓ How many casinos are in Detroit Michigan?
- You can find three Detroit casinos online. Apart from MGM Detroit online casino, you will find MotorCity Casino, and Greektown. They are several miles away from each other. Each of them comes with a retail sportsbook.
- ❓ Why does Detroit have three venues?
- They have invested a lot in these venues to make them stand out from the competition. Today, these are the places with the most visitors and players.
- ❓ What is the biggest casino in MI?
- Owned by the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe, the highest casino is Soaring Eagle and Resort. It extends over 210,000-square foot gaming floor and boasts 70 tables and 4,400 slots. It also has a resort, a theater, conference center and a spa.
- ❓ What are the popular hotels and casinos in Detroit Michigan?
- The most casino hotels in Detroit, Michigan are Hilton Detroit Downtown, The Siren Hotel, and Detroit Foundation hotel.
- ❓ What are casinos around the Fox Theatre in Detroit Michigan?
- All three casinos in Detroit are several miles away from each other, so you will easily access them from the Fox theater location.