Overview of Online Roulette in New Jersey
Online roulette is becoming one of the most sought-after options around the world and in the US. With so many options popping out, it’s really hard to say which one is the best for you. If you live in New Jersey, you probably want to know more details about available roulette options.
On this page, you will learn everything about best online roulette sites NJ, features of the games, popular tables, and many more. Get ready for this detailed guide!
888 Casino NJ
$20 No Deposit Bonus
250m GC + Free 25k SC Every Week
Caesars Casino MI
100% Match up to $2,000
Is Roulette Legit Option In NJ?
In New Jersey, several forms of online gambling are allowed by law. Online casino gambling, poker, horse race betting, sports betting, and daily fantasy sports (DFS) are all permitted. A law passed in 2013 allowed Atlantic City casinos to partner with online operators, opening up the market for NJ online casinos and poker. In 2017, DFS was legalized with the passing of another bill.
After the US Supreme Court ruled PASPA unconstitutional, sports betting was legalized with the signing of Assembly Bill 4111 in 2018, including digital sports betting. The NJDGE regulates all casinos in Atlantic City and authorizes and regulates all online casinos. It’s important to note that only NJDGE-approved and regulated sites are legal.
Particular Rules for NJ Roulette Online
You can also enjoy the game from NJ mobile casino apps and make the most out of the experience.
The functionality of all roulette games is essentially the same. They feature a roulette wheel consisting of either 37 or 38 pockets, painted black or red, contingent on the particular version of the game. The dealer or croupier spins the wheel and drops a small ceramic ball inside it. In the case of a random number generator-driven game, the spin’s outcome is determined by a dedicated computer algorithm, which is randomized similarly to the live dealer New Jersey online roulette.
Your objective in both variations of the game is to predict where the ball will stop. You can bet on specific numbers, different combinations of numbers, or colors, which are viable across all best online roulette NJ games.
What Types of Online Roulette Will I See In New Jersey?
Since its creation in the 17th century, various game versions of roulette have been developed. The three most prominent types of roulette are European, French, and American, but they have given rise to many other variations.
The dissimilarities between these versions primarily stem from the table and roulette wheel layout. For example, American Roulette has two zero pockets on the wheel, including the double zero, whereas European Roulette has only a single one.
Let’s examine the primary versions of roulette available at new online casinos in NJ:
- European Roulette is prevalent in NJ online casinos, including Golden Nugget casino. The game has 37 numbered pockets in black and red, containing only one zero on the wheel. The betting layout employed affects the percentage payout and the house edge. To illustrate, the odds of the ball landing on 12 in European Roulette are 1:37, while American Roulette, with its 38 pockets, increases these odds to 1:38. Straight bets in European Roulette pay out a maximum of 35:1, with a resulting house edge of just 2.7%.
- French Roulette has the same layout and table, with 37 numbered pockets and a single zero, but includes two extra rules that can benefit players and affect the house edge: La Partage and En Prison. La Partage applies to even-money bets, such as red or black, and allows players to receive half their stake back if the ball lands on zero. This means that the house edge on even-money bets in French Roulette is significantly lower at 1,35%.
- American Roulette. The main difference between American Roulette and its European counterpart is the presence of an extra pocket on the wheel, the double zero. This pushes the total pockets to 38 and results in lower odds and payouts, making it one of the least favorable roulette games. The house edge for American Roulette stands at a steep 5.26%. Despite this, there is a tempting “five number” bet that offers a potential payout of 6 to 1, adding to the allure of American roulette. You will also find versions of live roulette table online in New Jersey.
What NJ online roulette titles are available?
If you are ready for NJ casino online roulette, below you will see the most popular types of this game:
|Type of roulette||Min Bet||Max Bet||Payout rate|
|Double Bonus Spin||$1||$1,000||98.06%|
Odds/Payback Percentage on Online Roulette New Jersey
Best NJ online casinos naturally have an advantage over players known as the house edge. It reflects the discrepancy between the probability of winning and the payout for victorious wagers.
Take, for instance, European Roulette, where the odds of winning a straight bet are 1 in 37, while the payout is 35:1. This translates to a maximum $36 profit for a $1 bet instead of the expected $37. The house edge is calculated by multiplying this difference by the odds of winning the specific bet, resulting in a 2.7% house edge.
The table below presents the house edges for all major versions of the game. Keep in mind that the number of pockets on the wheel and rules contribute to determining the house edge.
|Single Zero Roulette||2.7%|
|Live Roulette||2.7% – 5.26%|
Roulette Tables Around You
Some of the largest casino resorts in New Jersey are the Borgata, Harrah’s, and Caesars, offering numerous gaming tables, thousands of slot machines, hotels, dining options, and other amenities. As per the state constitution, all casinos in New Jersey are located in Atlantic City, with 10 casino resorts to choose from, all operating 24/7. To help you find your way around the gambling locations, make sure you check the Atlantic City casino map. Just head to the hotel and casino in Atlantic City and enjoy online gambling NJ roulette.
FAQ about Roulette NJ
- How are online roulette casinos in New Jersey regulated?
- NJ-based online gambling platforms fall under the regulatory purview of the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement, which is responsible for upholding gambling laws, issuing licenses, overseeing fair play, and monitoring exclusionary infractions.
- What sets best online roulette casinos in New Jersey apart from offshore ones?
- Offshore casinos, sportsbooks, and poker rooms are licensed elsewhere and operate from other locations, unlike NJ online gambling websites, which are regulated by the state. Therefore, offshore sites lack the same level of safety and expose players to the risk of unfair casino games and odds.
- Who is eligible to use the best online roulette sites in New Jersey?
- Any individual within the geographical boundaries of NJ and of the minimum legal gambling age can participate in NJ gambling sites. For online NJ casinos, poker, and sports betting, players must be at least 21 years of age.
- Is residency in New Jersey necessary for online betting?
- No, it's not mandatory to reside in NJ to enjoy new jersey roulette online. However, to place wagers or bet money on a New Jersey online gambling site, you must be physically located in the state at that time. You can establish an account from any other state, but you won't be able to use it until you're in New Jersey.
- How do the best online roulette casinos NJ verify my location?
- All New Jersey gambling sites utilize geolocation technology provided by GeoComply to determine your location in the world. Your location will be determined when you log into the app or website for the first time, and will be monitored as you continue to play.
- How can I register for online roulette sites in New Jersey?
- To open an account at a New Jersey online gambling site, choose a trustworthy site and click the "Sign Up" button. After that, you must create a username and password, and provide your personal information, which includes your legal name.
- Is it possible to win real money at online roulette casinos NJ?
- Absolutely. All reputable and licensed NJ online casinos allow you to play for real money and immerse yourself in NJ online gambling live roulette.